Our Executive Team
As a team we have experience in a wide range of industries and specialities, from manufacturing and distribution, to Government at all levels.
Shaun is a Partner in African Innovators, and is a registered chartered accountant specialising in audit and corporate finance work in the banking, retail and public sector. Shaun is an accomplished strategist and management consultant, and has in-depth experience in governance, processes, IT and HR.
With extensive work experience in the private sector, Shaun has an impressive record of accomplishment of identifying risk and creating business solutions to mitigate related threats. He also has excellent knowledge of business process re-engineering and ERP implementation, particularly SAP, with strong financial and internal controls bias, thereby enabling alignment of business processes to best business practice and other applicable legislation.
Shaun also has in-depth experience in programme and project management of many large-scale projects from the inception stages through to completion, including responsibility for driving of change management initiatives
Shaun has extensive experience in the public sector, including the following:
- Programme Management of multi-billion government projects;
- Financial reporting;
- Financial Modelling and Budgeting;
- Project Evaluation, Reporting and Compliance;
- Finance turnaround and transformation.
He has also played a leading role in many projects at clients which include, amongst others, Telkom, SAA, National Treasury, Johannesburg Water, Absa, Gauteng City Region Academy, MAPPP-SETA, Cell C, SASCOC, Gauteng Department of Economics and Walter Sisulu University.
Sherrie is a partner in African Innovators. She has a B Comm and MBA with a specialisation in skills, enterprise and supplier development, and maximisation of B-BBEE scorecards and is an accomplished strategy consultant and a creative solutions designer.
Over the last 3 years Sherrie has been involved the initiation and implementation of enterprise and supplier development initiatives for many corporates. She has also been instrumental in identifying opportunities for funding and been successful in funding applications with a number of funding providers. As part of her passion to make an impact she designed two co-operative projects in the Agricultural sector and supported a number of emerging micro enterprise with business plans and ideas to improve business sustainability in a mentorship role.
With specialist skills such as those detailed below, obtained in many roles and a wide range of industries, Sherrie can contribute to solutioning and strategy development with her ability to:
- see the big picture and simultaneously understand details required for delivery
- identify end to end solutions to complex problems through strategic connective thinking
- design creative solutions to address complex problems and identify new business opportunities
- to use a unique combination of strategic and operational ability
- to manage and lead teams thereby delivering high performing results
- combine numerical and an acumen with business and strategic skills
She also acts as secretariat for the BRICS Business Council Skills Development Working Group where she has become a thought leader on Jobs of the Future, with a distinct focus on the Fourth Industrial Revolution and the impact of both on the Future of work.
Hennie is an executive at African Innovators. His strong consulting experience is in strategic sourcing, business process framework design, project management, radical business improvement, business restructuring and turnaround, strategic business positioning and risk management. Hennie has strong risk management and mitigation experience acquired from working with clients across various sectors in many companies.
Hennie has been responsible for the management of large industrial operations, as well as continuous improvement projects in the extractive metallurgical industry. He has also been responsible for the initiation, development and the operations of several independent businesses within multi-national organisations.
Hennie has extensive business experience in both the private and public sector, and has overseen the growth and development of many businesses, growing from small start-ups to multimillion-rand businesses. This has included strategic development, systems implementation and warehousing and logistics.
His experience includes:
- The development and implementation of the financial structure and financial planning for the roll-out of broadband infrastructure for the City of Johannesburg;
- CAPEX Programme Manager at UPD (a Division of Clicks Limited), managing the end-to-end value chain of capital expansion projects, as well as the relocation and integration of one of the distribution centres, delivering on time and within the required budget;
- Managed the operational expansion programme for MWeb, which included the design and construction of a data centres, as well as the associated large-scale energy and cooling infrastructure. Set up a Steering Committee at Board Level, managed the operational and financial risks, and delivered on time and within budget
- Structuring and development of financial models for capital expansion projects in various business sectors
Programme Management of large development projects in both the public and private sectors, focusing on the identification and management of organisational risk.
With a diploma in labour law and more than 20 years of experience in an extremely high volume human resources environment Geraldine has worked in a group of companies with more than a hundred thousand employees spread over multiple industrial sectors and several countries.
The more I experience the human element of human resources, the more I realise that there will always be something new to push the envelope and be dealt with.
Looking at the hire to retire life cycle of an employee relationship within a company, just the sheer volume of people have led Geraldine to develop expertise in managing policy, process and compliance issues. Knowledge and simplicity in implementing that knowledge into workable practices is key. Too much time and energy is wasted in complicating labour relations with emotion and ego rather than addressing the facts and developing a solution. Even more time is spent on cosmetic changes rather than using simple, honest and transparent policies with integrity in order to have a well balanced and productive workforce.
In terms of compliance, every company should be aware that the cost of compliance is high, but the cost of non-compliance is far, far higher. Certain steps have to be taken to ensure that a company is safeguarded in terms of legislative compliance matters and this is something, even with the huge volumes of staff, that forms not only a part of my knowledge base, but is a driver to have gained that knowledge.
Geraldine’s areas of experience are fairly widespread and include the following:
- General HR matters and problem solving
- Basic Conditions of Employment Act
- Labour Relations Act
- Employment Equity Act
Training Courses (all courses are short courses of not more than 4 hours each. They are short and to the point and give the necessary skills before afternoon nap time!)
- Basic Legislation – an overview of employment legislation. This is not geared to turn managers into labour lawyers overnight, but rather to make them aware that there is legislation and what that legislation means in their work world.
- Handling Discrimination and Rejection – this is developed to assist recruiters in the organisation and gives them a clear understanding of what discrimination is in terms of employment law.
- Dismissal for Misconduct: Discipline and Dismissal – this is a step by step “how-to” training course to enable fair discipline all the way to a legally defensible dismissal if that is the outcome of the disciplinary process.
- Dismissal for Incapacity: – this would include incapacity due to poor performance, ill health or injury.
- Dismissal for Operational Requirements: Redundancy and the resulting retrenchment process